My Thoughts Right Now...

They say, the "heart is the most deceitful thing there is" and I agree. It has been over a week now since we have met and exactly a week since I have first laid my eyes on you. I guess the connection was instant, but before I met you, I thought I was decided to keep what I have. I was headstrong. I knew what I wanted. I was certain. A lot of temptations came my way in the past two years that I was with her. There was a guy from work that I liked, there were ex's wanting to rekindle old flames, and a guy who wants to marry me. I never gave in. I told myself, the hardest thing to do is be sane in this insane world and to know what you want. Now, I am torn.

You came unexpectedly. Your entry in my life left me in awe. Until now, I can hear the laughter ringing in my ears that day we had our first breakfast at McDonald's. I can still feel you eyes assessing me, staring at me, and the first time you held my hand, only to say that there is someone new coming along. How could I have been so naive? How come I didn't know you were referring to yourself?

I opened myself to the possibilities of us. I got vulnerable and I liked it. I consented to it, like all those other times I consented to my tries of being an infidel. I was never good at it. Most of the times, Karma comes even before I make the good move, or even I make up my mind. Maybe because knowing I was up to something bad, Karma comes to the picture first.

However, with the transition of things now, I just know that I am willing to be what I want to be. I just fear, that when the time comes for me to decide, I know it will be hard, and there might be no one left for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Song You Sent Me

Another One

An Open Letter of Love