OUT!

A few years have passed by me and I had the feeling, sooner or later, she will know. She will ask. Seventeen years of age gap, I knew it would be hard for her to comprehend. Then, out of nowhere, this afternoon, my tutee, Den-den asked "Teacher Mitch, have you ever had a crush on a girl? Have you had a girl-to-girl relationship?" I was fear-stricken, dumbfounded. I asked myself, is this the right time? Will she understand?

I found myself telling her that I have known since I was in Fourth Grade that I was bisexual. Not in the exact terms, but I told her I liked girls and it started in fourth grade. Then I told her that I have not a bf for the past two years and my first taste of a girl-to-girl relationship came later in my life. Told her I met my first gf when I was 25. Then lately, told her I just broke up with the most recent one...then, seem like a kid of her age, I find myself telling her about meeting Alex.

I asked her back if she has a crush herself on the same sex, to which she smiled sheepishly and nodded. I wasn't surprised. I was actually waiting for the time to come. Being sheltered in the walls of exclusive schools for girls, I knew, sooner or later, Den-den would experience the same thing. Yet, I am sure, she will surpass it. It will be just a phase like some of my friends had to go through. It is like some of my friends had to go through being locked up for 11 years in the arms of the nuns. Well I hope it will just be a phase, because as she said, she wanted someone to talk to about it. If she has the feelings all bottled up like mine, back when I was her age, she might not be able to surpass it...as she said, she has a crush on a girl now...and her crush's name? Alex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Song You Sent Me

Another One

An Open Letter of Love